This is a rich chocolate mug cake that’s ready in less than 5 minutes! The perfect single-serving chocolate cake recipe if you are on a high protein diet. Super moist and very satisfying without all the guilt.
Firstly, what is a mug cake?
So many ask this question so don’t feel left out if this question has crossed your mind. A mug cake is exactly what it sounds like. It is simply a cake made in a cup and usually, the recipe will be for a single serving of cake that’s quick and easy to make in a matter of minutes in the microwave.
How to make this Chocolate Mug Cake
You will need to get a deep enough mug that is high enough so the cake doesn’t overflow in the microwave. First, add about 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chip with the coconut oil and then melt. Then, add the flour, protein, baking soda and water into the melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly until combined. Next, add the egg into the mixture in the mug and stir again. Finally, place in the microwave and cook for about one and a half minute. Your chocolate mug cake is almost ready! Let it cool and garnish with more chocolate chip if needed and some coconut whipped cream.
3 Tbsp chocolate chips, plus 2 teaspoons for garnish (regular or mini sized chips)
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
2 Tbsp Coconut flour (or all purpose flour)
1 Tbsp Whey Protein chocolate flavor
2 Tbsp Water
1/8 Tsp Baking soda
Optional garnishes: mint sprigs, coconut whipped cream or vanilla Greek yogurt
1) Combine 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe mug; heat in the microwave for 20-second increments until melted; stir to combine.
2) Add the protein powder, flour, water, and baking soda into the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
3) Add egg to the chocolate mixture; stir well.
4) Heat in microwave until cake is cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips.
5) Cool cake for about 2 minutes before eating. Top with garnishes if desired.
This is a large portion, it could easily be shared
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3.9mg
Recipe source: https://healthyfitnessmeals.com/